From Walkers resident Time Trial Guru, Neil Walker:
Given the success of the TT series over the last couple of years I’ve added a extra event, extending the series by a few weeks. The TTs will be on Tuesday nights, with a ride heading out from the shop at the usual time to the course – giving people the option of a slightly later start!
The series will operate on a handicap basis again, the rules of which will remain a mystery to everyone but me, and are aimed to reward improving riders!
There are some specific rules governing club confined time trials (British Cycling Rules), which we need to follow to ensure that we as a club (and specifically those helping out/organising the TT’s) are insured.
- Maximum 25 riders per event (we are unlikely to go above this)
- Riders must be members of Walkers Cycling Club (we can include new riders who are not a member of any other cycling club)
- Where riders are members of British Cycling, Walkers Cycling Club must be their 1st claim club (appear 1st on their membership card)
- Where riders are not members of British Cycling, they must be members of Walkers Cycling Club exclusively
- Riders can only participate in one club’s confined TT’s in a calendar year
Any questions/clarifications needed, please post!
Dates & Courses:
27th March – Moscow Circuit (6 miles hilly)
24th April – Eaglesham Moor (10 miles hilly)
29th May – A77 Course (12 miles, although I’m also considering an A77, Malletsheugh, Old Glasgow Road, Clunch Circuit – 17 miles)
31st July – Chapeltoun (10 miles)
21st August – Marine Drive (3 miles!)
23rd September – Club Hillclimb Dalry Moor (2 miles)